Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 7 PM – 11:45 PM
– The Romance of Verona;
– The Beauty that is VeniceIn 1595, “Romeo and Juliet” turned the quiet little town of Verona Italy into one of the most romantic spots of the entire world. Tonight, Romeo and Juliet reappear in one of the most exciting venues in Washington, D.C. … and what better time to do this than during the Valentine’s Season!Looking for plans for the holiday? Sure, you can fight reservations getting a special table. Of course, you can slave over your own stove making a home cooked romantic meal. Or, perhaps, you can celebrate Valentine’s Weekend in ITALY – without ever getting on a plane!Tonight, we recreate the culture and romance of Italy, combining the Valentine’s Holiday with a special Valentine’s Ball l – right here in our Nation’s Capital.In addition, a portion of tonight’s proceeds from each member will go towards the American Cancer Society.As you enter this incredible and beautiful embassy, be transported to perhaps one of the most admired countries in Europe, experience an Italian evening filled with Italian food, open bar, live orchestra, late night DJ, dancing, opera, film, and more!
Your magical evening features:
1) LIVE BALLROOM DANCING:
Our setting fills the ballroom with Europe’s greatest classical pieces (including Mozart, Strauss, and Beethoven) as you waltz the night away in our beautiful 18th century setting.
2) BALLROOM DANCE PRESENTATION:
A local Ballroom masterful instructor/couple will perform a special dance show highlighting the ballroom classics as danced for centuries in the balls at Piazza San Marco.
3) “Roméo et Juliette” OPERA PRESENTATION:
VERONA ITALY – the setting for perhaps one of the most beautiful and romantic operas ever performed – and you get an Italian soil center stage performance as the Act 2 balcony scene is recreated in the grand hall of the embassy.
Following this, we will move to the embassy’s auditorium for an optional presentation of a unique sampling of timeless romantic classics from the leading Opera houses of Italy.
4) LATE NIGHT DJ & DANCING:
In the last half of the evening, one of Washington, D.C.’s greatest D.J.s brings us the best in retro, swing and top 40 dancing – Italian style!
5) ITALIAN FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS
(***NOTE: The main gala option listed here is a DESSERT Buffet beginning at 8:30 PM. Also listed below is our special 7:30 PM VIP ITALIAN DINNER OPTION for an additional cost. )
As if picked from the best pastry shops in all of Italy, our dessert buffet offers you a wide variety of phenomenal treats including:
Cupid’s Luscious Desserts
Chocolate Fondue with Fruits for Dipping, Pound Cake and Marshmallows
Roma Italian Cookies
Menu subject to change to equal or superior quality.
…. Plus THE ITALIAN VALENTINES CAKE!
6) OPEN BAR: Sample some of Italy’s and Europe’s assortment of Italy’s wines, beers and other nonalcoholic refreshments.
7) BATTLE OF THE CHOCOLATES:
What is Valentine’s Day without chocolate? Sample, compare and conquer some of the greatest chocolates from Europe and America at our chocolate tasting!
To quench your appetite for Italian travel and cultural interests, partake in an optional viewing of the scenery, culture and people of Italy on a large viewing screen in the Embassy’s auditorium. The first half of the evening will feature Italian tourism videos, highlighting different regions and travel options in Italy. The second half will feature a movie in which a wonderful story takes place surrounded by the majesty of Rome.
9) WIN A TRIP THE CARIBBEAN:
Participate in a drawing in which one lucky winner will win a Trip to the Caribbean (Air and Hotel).
Note: This is primarily a stand up, buffet style reception with limited seating throughout the evening. We will have limited tables and chairs, but will not be able to accommodate seating for all attendees at one time. If you have any special needs, please email events@thingstodoDC.com in advance.
FYI: This is a SINGLES and COUPLES Event: Just because it is Valentine’s themed, you do not have to bring a date to this event. Many people come in big groups or even solo.
CHARITY: A Portion of every Ticket goes to the American Cancer Society in recognition of a former TTD Staff Member who passed Away due to Brain Cancer.
This is a special VIP Reception before the Gar for a little extra Valentine’s touch.
Ticket Price includes:
– Early Admission to the Gala;
– Private Champagne Reception;
– Special Early Dinner Menu, including:
Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella, Fresh Basil, Colorful Peppers, Pickled Vegetables, Carrots, Salami, Provolone, Olives, Melon and Red and Green Grapes
A Chopped Salad of Fresh Crisp Greens, Golden Pear, Cucumber, Marinated Cranberry, Red Onion, Celery, Toasted Pine nuts
Rich Balsamic Pancetta Dressing
Breast of Chicken Marsala with Portobello Mushrooms
Handmade Meatballs in Rustic Tomato Sauce
Creamy Saffron Risotto with Shrimp and Caramelized Onions
Green Beans with Cannellini, Sun-Dried Tomato and Oregano
Focaccia, Garlic Toasts and Warm Italian Bread
Whipped Butter, Herb Olive Oil and Pumpkin Butter
NOTE: VIP ADMISSION TIME is 7:00 PM
GENERAL ADMISSION TIME is 8:30 PM
***QUESTIONS: This event is NOT being organized directly by the Embassy of Italy. They are not receiving profit from this event and are not involved in the day to day organization or planning of this event. We are the primary organizers of the event. If you have questions, please do NOT call the Embassy. Please call us at 301 519 8030 or email info@thingstodoDC.com.